A CASE STUDY
of how Lythos Studios was chosen by Baugh Auto Body as their advertising agency.
Baugh Auto Body (BAB), a Lythos Studios client from 2009 until 2013, is a family owned business with one location in central Richmond, Virginia. Prior to retaining Lythos Studios, BAB noticed its year-over-year sales figures were not reaching goal. Instead of hiring my agency with a set budget, we agreed to work on a project basis to determine what the immediate needs were and then develop, over time, a plan to reach specific goals.
Lythos Studios began its DISCOVERY process by studying the following:
- the past two years of sales figures
- zip codes of past and current clients
- inventory of past marketing events and plans
- analysis of current branding materials which included multiple versions of pocket folders, three different versions of business cards, multiple versions of letterhead and sales sheets.
- interviews with selected employees who interact with the customers
Through informal meetings with managers, supervisors and employees this information was gathered and consolidated into a report, and reviewed with the owners of the company.
Even though it was 2009, and the company had been in business 30 years, they did not have a web presence. We also discovered that multiple logos were being used, depending on which division of the business was creating the promotional materials. This is dangerous to any brand – it is confusing to the customers, the employees, and the community as to what you are selling and its value to them. It is ￼impossible to convey a mission statement, which every company should have, if multiple brands exist simultaneously.